View Single Post
Old 9th June 2017, 09:23   #1191  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, o0okaro0o!

Well, it is already possible to use x264 or x265 64-bit during the encoding process, thanks to avs2yuv.exe. See the "Use 64-bit x264/x265..." option in the last tab to enable that feature. (It should be enabled by default if BD3D2MK3D has correctly detected your 64-bit CPU.)

The fact that BD3D2MK3D itself is a 32-bit app is not a brake. BD3D2MK3D is used only to demux the original streams and prepare a few files, and that doesn't require much CPU power. The speed of the disc is the only real brake during the preparation of the project. (I agree however that it should be possible to speed up the encoding of the subtitles to 3D and the conversion of the audio streams to AC3 or AAC with 64-bit version of the tools used during that conversions, but honestly, I don't think that the time spent during that conversions is really important.)

It is true that it is not possible to use avisynth 64-bit to convert the original MVC video stream to SBS, T&B or FS. It's mainly because the two MVC decoders that BD3D2MK3D can use are 32-bit avisynth filters and I haven't programmed them myself. But it's also because after having made some tests, I don't think that it will be possible to really speed up the decoding process with avisynth 64-bit. Note also that all 64-bit versions of avisynth are still somewhat unstable (and unofficial), and honestly I don't want to have to add workarounds for the problems that will certainly occur. The 32-bit avisynth works perfectly and is fast enough, given the fact that it's mainly the x264 or x265 encoder that requires much CPU power.

If you really want to decode faster, be sure to use a computer with an Intel CPU supporting QuickSync and install the latest Intel drivers. And of course, tick the "Use 64-bit x264" option in the last tab. But you will be probably disappointed. The speed gain is marginal.

Note also that the libmfxsw32.dll included with BD3D2MK3D is used only if you don't have an Intel CPU with QuickSync or if the Intel drivers are not properly installed. When QuickSync is available, it's the libmfxsw32.dll included with the Intel drivers that is used, and that version uses the full power of the CPU and QuickSync. It is not the responsibility of BD3D2MK3D to install or distribute the hardware dependent version of libmfxsw32.dll.

Sorry, but I will not modify BD3D2MK3D to use avisynth 64-bit or other 64-bit external tools for a very minimal speed increase but with a great risk of instability. And anyway, currently, it's not possible, since the avisynth filters needed and a lot of external tools are 32-bit only.

Last edited by r0lZ; 9th June 2017 at 09:26.