View Single Post
Old 25th July 2019, 06:22   #1593  |  Link
mi3gai4rui4

3840x2160 line alternative (row interlaced) output

Hi,
I have a 4k OLED with a passive 3d filter that works with madVR set to "3D format: line alternative".

I'd like to convert from my 3d mvc file to an mkv file that is 3840x2160 in line alternative format so that I can play it on a player that doesn't know how to decode 3D at all and the TV will just play it like a regular 2160p file.

I tried following the directions below but I ended up with a 1920x1080 file.
Could anyone suggest how to get a 3840x2160 line alternative file?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
@Shark: My PC doesn't have a 3D graphic card, so I suppose that options cannot be used. But thanks anyway.

@IanD:
I have modified the files of a short clip and I think I have something that should work. Can you test the modifications?
Use a short clip to begin (and, optionally, select the UltraFast x264 preset). Use T&B or SBS, that doesn't matter.
When the demux phase is finished, edit the following files.

_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs:
You should replace the following lines:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Build combined Side-by-Side image
StackVertical(...)  (or StackHorizontal)
with this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectOdd()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectEven()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
The code above is for the left view in the top field. To place the right view in the top field, use this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectEven()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectOdd()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(right, left).Weave()
That should work, but I'm not sure. If you see inverted fields, experiment with the words in red above.

You should also modify _ENCODE.CMD and replace the option "--frame-packing 4" (or 3 for SBS) with "--frame-packing 2".

You should also edit the "3D Video stream" section of the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, like this:
Code:
# 3D video stream

--track-name
0:3D Row interlaced (x264 CRF 22, preset ultrafast, level 4.1)
--stereo-mode
0:7
--aspect-ratio
0:16/9
--default-duration
0:24000/1001p
--default-track
0:yes
01000_mpls.264
The stereo mode 7 is for the left field on top. Use 6 for the right field on top.

When the edits are finished, encode normally, and watch the movie on your TV. Perhaps you'll see some flickering effects (especially with thin horizontal lines, or in the end credits). Please let me know if it's the case. It is perhaps possible to improve the image quality and avoid the flickering with a resize instead of the SeparateFields().SelectOdd/Even() code.

Let me know if it works fine. If your tests are conclusive, I may add that option in the next version...