View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 04:28   #1007  |  Link
tritical

@Chainmax
The script looks right, but you'll need to use TMMv1 instead of mmask.dll for that syntax to work.

@foxyshadis
I'll do that.

@Zarxrax
Quote:
Next, is it really necessary to specify the d2v parameter manually? Can't dgdecode pass the data to tfm as a hint or something? And also, is there anyway that tfm could simply fix the d2v file on the fly, rather than making a new one and requiring you to go back and change your script?
It would be possible for dgdecode to pass the information to tfm, but dgdecode doesn't currently have this ability. Also, it is slightly easier reading from the d2v and it's faster. TFM could fix the d2v on the fly (meaning it could simply overwrite the existing file instead of creating a new one), but the dgdecode object would still need to be recreated (script closed/reopened) for the changes to effect decoding. My main reason for not overwritting the existing file is I sometimes like to examine the two side by side.

Quote:
If I set the d2v parameter, then tfm will check the d2v for illegal field order, and create a new d2v if necessary. Also, tfm will use hints from the d2v to help its field matching process? Will this theoretically give more accurate results, or will be be faster?
What exactly happens depends on the 'flags' parameter. With the default setting of 4, tfm will check the d2v for illegal transitions and create a new d2v if necessary. It will also pass rff information to tdecimate. The rff information is only used to help aid hybrid detection (detection of 30p parts), so unless you are using hybrid > 0 it won't effect anything (and if the d2v is just all 2's or 0's it won't effect anything either). tfm will also use the trf flags for field matching in film sections (areas of the d2v with the 012301230123 pattern). That means it will determine what match to use based on the d2v flags. It will then check each of these d2v based match decisions to see if the resulting match is combed or not. If it is, then tfm will go back and run its usual match algorithm. Otherwise, it will use the d2v match. This can give a significant speed up if the video has a lot of sections that follow the 01230123 trf pattern, since it means tfm wont have to run its match algorithm. It can also improve things since tfm isn't always correct in its match decisions.

I will say that if you work mostly with r1 anime, the d2v parameter is usually not that helpful since most r1 anime never has 01230123 flagging (the d2v will just have 0's and 2's, 100% NTSC reported by dgindex). In that case, all that setting the d2v parameter accomplishes is checking for illegal transitions.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote