View Single Post
Old 26th July 2009, 14:17   #13  |  Link
iffybob

I think the best translation for "rück" is "revertive" in the context of what you said but I think there may be no direct translation.

Yeh I know my reception is not great, the problem with upgrading is related to the post I made earlyer about enforcment, and what you said about labling.

The stores are mostly staff by a sales force, whoes qualifications can be limited to stacking the shelves and manning the tills, not tech savvy, I suspect there cheep and easly replaceable. I've asked many questions in shops and got the answer "I dont know, I just sell the stuff", or they quote the side of the box, which I just read, at which point I walk away.

If you dont know exactly what you are dealing with or looking for, you more likly to part with your money and walk away with stock they are trying to clear than what you need, and I cannot afford to make mistakes, like that.

Subtitles - not an issuse for me, and my PVR- DBVt recoder does not record them,
( for those interested it a "Nikkai A88JB", I got from Maplin, it has what the English call charictor, but once you understand it, it does as its told), and I dont need them.

nor is second lanuage, there is the provision in the DBVt spec, I dont know if any of the companys use it, I think it is used for somthing called "Audio Description" for the visualy impaired ,we dont go for multi language transmission for the most part, although the island has English, Scotish, Welsh, and Irish, ( Irish and Scotish are based on Galic, and the Welsh is just Welsh), but mostley we all speak English(ish), international satalite transmistions, are prob differnt, but the recorder only records one set of audio.

To clear things up a bit - My recoder records - 1 programe Channel of video - and 1 set of audio for that channel. - (dont need to de-mux)

I have a USB DVBt "Pen" that I can record pluged into the computer, that records the the entire RF channel that the channel you want is transmitted on - this does need to be de-mux and prob has all the addition info on it.
which is what I suspect is of the type of recoreder alot of people use, from what I've read. (I dont use mine)

But my setup takes that whole de-mux, re-mux lot of work out of it.

so I dont need to seperate the Audio and Video, and reintegrate them.

What I have decided,Im going to do is -

PVAStrumento , DVDPatcher, cut out the ads etc, the re-encode the files to a proper DVD spec, on a batch basis, prob once a week when I'm not using the computer.
and live with that.
iffybob is offline   Reply With Quote