View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2014, 14:14   #142  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have noticed the bugs in the latest versions of the Intel DLL, and it's why I have not included that versions with BD3D2MK3D. But afaik, the libmfxsw32.dll distributed with BD3D2MK3D (libmfxsw32.dll v5.14.4.28, released april 28, 2014) works fine with all movies. At least, I have never had any problem. There is one well known exception though: Pacific Rim has one or two little glitches, I don't think it's the same bug than the one you describe.

I don't think I'll add the support for DirectShowMVCSource, because it works in a very different way than the current filters based on the Intel lib. I don't want to have to handle two very different methods in the same program. Anyway, if you really want to encode with DirectShowMVCSource, you can use the old BD3D2MK3D v0.23. And if you want to use the current BD3D2MK3D, just be sure to NOT update the intel lib with the bugged version. If, for any version, you are forced to update it, for example because it is updated automatically when you install the Intel drivers, you should switch to software mode in BD3D2MK3D. (It's why I have added the Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration option in the latest versions of BD3D2MK3D.) In SW mode, the program should use the library provided with the package, and not the one installed elsewhere with the Intel drivers.

Also, I don't want to remove the FRIMSource decoder. It is also based on the Intel lib, that's right, and therefore it has the same problems than DGMVCSource, but it is very easy to use the version you prefer. By default, it's DGMVCSource, but you can change it if you wish. (For me, supporting the two Source filters is very easy, because they work almost identically, and I have just to modify the LoadPlugin and Source commands in the AVS script.)

Of course, I may change my mind if someone can demonstrate that the current methods fail anyway, even when libmfxsw32.dll v5.14.4.28 is used.

Last edited by r0lZ; 2nd November 2014 at 14:18.