View Single Post
Old 8th December 2019, 20:46   #55  |  Link
manolito

Yes, the results of the InpaintDelogo plugin blow everything I have tested and used before out of the water...

A few hints:
If you use the "Analyze=1" parameter for the AutoMask creation then 3% of the source clip will be used for analyzing. For a longer movie (duration 90 min or above) this takes a long time. You can use "Trim", but for me I get better results after specifying a lower percentage for analyzing. I edited the InpaintDelogo.avsi file and replaced "every=33" with "every=400", and this is way faster without damaging the mask.

If you use AVS+ and want to use MultiThreading, there are a few catches. As VoodoFX pointed out, the InPaint routines are not really MT friendly. Analyzing the speed with AVSMeter you will find that turning off MT will result in a higher speed. But you may have other filters in your AVS script which do profit from MT, and the overall speed will be higher when using MT.

From my InpaintDelogo tests I found out that it tends to crash quite a bit when using MT. Reducing the prefetch threads did not help, but I got it working without crashes now.

First you need to force MT_SERIALIZED mode for all Inpaint functions:
Quote:
SetFilterMTMode("InpaintLogo", MT_SERIALIZED)
SetFilterMTMode("DeblendLogo", MT_SERIALIZED)
SetFilterMTMode("AnalyzeLogo", MT_SERIALIZED)
SetFilterMTMode("DistanceFunction", MT_SERIALIZED)
SetFilterMTMode("RequestLinear", MT_SERIALIZED)
And then the InpaintDelogo call must be followed by a RequestLinear call like this:
Quote:
RequestLinear(rlim=50, clim=50)
This will decrease the possible MT speed gain quite a bit, but for my usual conversions I still get a moderate gain of several fps. And no more crashes for quite some time...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote