View Single Post
Old 31st December 2003, 04:46   #276  |  Link
specise_8472

Quote:
Originally posted by kempfand
Update: Specise's ambiophonics-VST ROCKS ! I just did a testing series with one song (Armik: Rubia; guitar music).

I'm just thinking on howto achieve a workable & affordable solution to include the SC (surround Center) speaker. My amp (Yamaha 630) has a speaker-connection for SC.

If I understand this correctly, SC with dts is matrixed into the SL&SR. But this is currently probably a 'dead-end' as I'd guess that no affordable encoders are around.

Any chance or idea on howto 'achieve' this packaging of SC (into SL&SR) already within the VST ? Just thinking lound ...

Kind regards,

Andreas
As is mentioned in the papers, 6.1 AC3 is matrixed center surround, and so does not work properly. At the moment I have done as suggested and mixed the SC channel into the LS RS at -3db. The only way to do a proper SC is to use DTS Discrete 6.1 which there is currenly no software for that I know of. Nuendo and Surcode only support 5.1.

I can output the SC if wanted, if you have a reason for it?
I am looking at writing a PLI/II encoder in the future to use. Also I am looking now into a filewriter that thakes the output from the Steinberg VST AC3 encoder and puts it to disk as a valid AC3 stream. Just think from Source to AC3 in one hit.

Also in the papers are mentioned that you can recover the original WXYZ file from the 5.1 track. Would there be a use for this facility to turn original AC3 tracks (and DTS) into WXYZ files for processing through emigrator to more or less speakers? Just need to reverse the plugin and change the co-efficients.

About the difference between ijk ijk~, the ~ are basically the same but with the microphone tilted -30degrees.

Just thinking out loud

Last edited by specise_8472; 31st December 2003 at 05:49.