View Single Post
Old 20th February 2010, 19:46   #7  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by erove View Post
then probably i did something wrong in vegas or during capturing , but this first preset example also used a guy for 720p 50 fps vid who gained very decent quality with that setting

i dont know what is nle , but i was capturing it with image et tool , which records and also immediately adds motion blur into frames , merged them in virtual dub into huffy avi file and done some color corrections in vegas

But what was the source complexity for the other guy? The content matters. For example, if it's a still shot with low complexity you might be able to use 1Mb/s. If you're not fixated on bitrate or don't know what to use, try a crf encode. e.g. crf16-20

Your encoding settings are already very high, and most of them are absurd (diminishing returns) as discussed above. You won't get much better by adjusting them, except the bitrate.

NLE = non linear editor. e.g. vegas, premiere

Frame blending is the default action in most NLE's when your project/sequence settings DON'T match the actual footage. e.g you might have had a 60fps capture, but used 50fps project settings. It might have also been a product of your capture

If you're wondering what I'm talking about blends here is an example from your encode:
http://tinypic.com/r/i73gd0/6

What did you use to capture the original gameplay footage? e.g., FRAPS ? , Blackmagic intensity pro ? etc...

Last edited by poisondeathray; 20th February 2010 at 19:57.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote