View Single Post
Old 26th January 2011, 22:55   #10  |  Link
osgZach

Yeah I was just thinking about that myself. Most days I work directly off DVD sources from more modern Anime, although I also own old and notorious (Lodoss War) or just troublesome (Gall Force, Dirty Pair Flash in particular) sets too. I really don't know a lot of stuff I am gonna have to try any understand at some point.. In terms of properly implementing/cloning some of YATTA's features (I never really used nor understood pattern guidance I guess. I did play around with switching patterns on a per scene basis though but I usually did more harm than good). Like for handling frame cutting and being able to cut accompanying audio files in the proper place without screwing it up - much less how to cut the files. Although in a lot of cases with stuff I don't know about, I am hoping I can find pre-existing tools that I could integrate into the program in some way. It will involve a lot of research for sure..

I think for basic goals... Basic VFR creation for non-troublesome sources will be a major step for this novice programmer. Having an "automatic mode" that just lets you setup some files, setup options for TFM/Tdecimate, setup a Clip2 external deinterlacer if you want, etc.. But then let you review it manually if you want to, so you can mark specific frames for decimation or keeping, deinterlacing, maybe even let you compare different field matching combinations and write those out to an OVR if you want, etc.

The biggest feature I would hope to implement if it all comes together, would be a "Project Database System". I'm likely not going the text file route YATTA went, but will use an integrated SQLite database engine, and have all the data saved there, pretty much everything to do with file edits and other processing settings.. That way users could distribute project databases among each other, be it a single file or maybe a set of files from a series.. So if one person does all the hard work and wants to save everyone else the trouble, as long as they are working from the same source file/DVD/whatever all they have to do is load the project, run it, and hopefully the results will be identical!

If I could get that paltry amount done, I would be very proud of myself.. Just getting an AVI to open and allow frame-based navigation has already involved heavy trial and error on my part, that is a long ways from finished.. I'm actually going against common practice and not manipulating frames with Avisynth directly - because I lack the skill to write a wrapper, much less understand the PureBasic Wrapper that Inc. wrote - on top of learning the Avisynth API. Since this will be a Windows only deal in the end (tied down to Windows by Avisynth obviously) I have been taking baby steps with the AVIFIL32.DLL and API. So far I can at least open an AVI file, get a frame count and the resolution. But I've yet to implement displaying it or working with a stream / frames directly. It does seem to load AVS scripts too, though!

Wish me luck...lol. I'm sorely in need of it

Last edited by osgZach; 26th January 2011 at 23:08.
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote