View Single Post
Old 27th February 2004, 02:16   #31  |  Link
Flexy

guys, i am in heaven
My next vacation vid will be awesome

I just found a very useful freee program called 'dubman' which aids in creating vdubmod jobs....you can select wildcards for directories etc.

1) save vdubmod processing settings for deshaker pass1
2) save vdubmod processing sttings for deshaker pass2

use these two *.vcf files in 'wildcard' mode in 'dubman' and go thru a whole directory...right now i am deshaking a whole directory in the background...yay

BUT....i have one, related, question...maybe someone can help:

- I am using Deshaker to deshake my clips.
- I am using Dynapel's Motionperfect to convert my 15fps to 24fps. Motionperfect fills in the missing frames...and the results (even if not perfect) are FAR better than what i had with my original 15fps videos !

QUESTION:

What should i do first:

) FIRST convert my clips to a higher fps with MotionPerfect and THEN deshake them ?
) or FIRST deshake them and THEN convert them to higher framerate with MP ?

Logic tells me first to deshake and stabilize the 15fps clips and then let Motionperfect work (which i a doing now) fill in mroe frames

Any tips ?

Also...keep in mind my vids all come in 15fps originally..using MotionPerfect...would you convert them to 24 or should i go NTSC 29,9 fps ????
I figure 24 would be beter since MP would not have to fill in too many 'artificial' frames [artifacts]..but on the other hand if i am planning to make NTSC VCDs...maybe i should just let it generate 29,9 fps instead of only 24 ? (Vide wold be smoother and suited for NTSC VCD..but i'd get more artifacts)

greetings
Flexy is offline   Reply With Quote