View Single Post
Old 10th December 2015, 04:07   #7  |  Link
WorBry

As per usual, I've only now picked up on this development.

Been tinkering with vdfiltermod the past few days. Great work. What I didn't realize until today is that you have also updated Trevlacs ColorTools plugin. I'd just assumed that the plugins pack had the same filters as the main Virtual Dub Pack download:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdfi...?source=navbar

Fantastic. I'd given up hope of using ColorTools again when I upgraded to Win7 a few years back; couldn't get it work in any program compatibility mode. Your modded version works just fine in regular VDub 1.10.4 also.

Really like what you've done with Master Blend also. One comment I would make though is that whilst it's great to have the composite RGB Histogram there as a reference, the Vectorscope is a bit on the small side to be really useful, in either of the two view modes. Any chance you could enlarge it and maybe add saturation and skin tone line markers (like the ColorTools Vectorscope); perhaps making the Vectorscope and Histogram selectable options to give more space for each ?

Actually, what I was wondering - and I don't know if this is even feasible - but would it be possible to feed in the ColorTools scopes (WFM, Vectorscope, Histograms) into Master Blend, maybe scaled down a bit, but large enough to be used as live reference monitors when making color adjustments? Personally, given the choice I would prefer a WFM to a Histogram, but it would be nice to have all three, even if only one at a time. Just a thought.

One other thing. As it appears now, the right edge of the active window is just impinging on the Histogram and plugin selection panel, and I can't see any means of enlarging it. See attached image below.

Edit: Would also be helpful to have some kind of documentation explaining what the different control buttons/markers do, but I kind of figured it out.

Attached - screen shots of Master Blend and the ColorTools Vectorscope with the markers:
Attached Images

Last edited by WorBry; 10th December 2015 at 05:47.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote