View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2013, 03:05   #17  |  Link
cold_hell
none

Reencoding already crap quality gives you worse quality than encoding from good quality source at the same bitrate (two-pass). Youtube clips quality is very low and it is not good for a source

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3nry View Post
I am using xperia u.it only supports till high profile @ level 3.2.that means I cannot use reframes >5 for a 720 video and >13 for a 480p video,and I cannot watch a 1080p video cause its high profile @ level >= 4.0
It uses android 2.3+ as far as i know. Just download MX player and use it's Software decoder (yes it can decode even 10bit profiles and they are much better for bitrate/quality). What is the problem with profiles if the player doesn't check it and there is no hardware restriction? Also especially your phone can play 1080p at fullspeed with --no-deblock --no-cabac (tested on my friend's phone - xperia u) However it is worse than 720p with deblock and cabac save alot space, so basicly it is useless, but possible. It can cause problems only with refs since device memory is limited but most clips don't use alot. You can set --level 5.2 on 200x200 video with 1ref if you want but profile doesn't mean "more decoding power required" it is just limitation for hardware playback. If you want to use hardware decoder- that is total different story. Hardware "accelerated" decoding sux at it's current state - my personal oppinion.

also --me umh --merange 64 is insane, slow and useless
I doubt that there will be any benefits --me umh --merange 32 is enough for HD/Full HD

Last edited by cold_hell; 3rd January 2013 at 08:48.
cold_hell is offline   Reply With Quote