View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:43   #105  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, once again, von Suppé is right. If the option to create 3D subs is enabled in tab 2, you will get 3D subs, even if they are flat.

And yes, playing with the additional depth may be tricky, as it is very difficult to evaluate visually the best depth you should use.

BTW, when the 3D-subs are converted to XML/PNG, the depth (from 3D-plane + additional depth) is specified in the XML for each individual subtitle. You can if you wish edit the XML to change the depth of any individual subtitle, if it appear that some of them are too badly placed. You can then re-create the SUP file but be sure to use the edited XML as input. Finally, remux everything. That requires much work, but it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post
Love the possibility of remuxing without reencoding the whole movie!
It's why BD3D2MK3D doesn't delete the tmp project folder when the encoding is finished, and why I have tried to add as many comments in the temp files as possible. A power user can modify the project as he wants (for example to add filters to the avisynth script or mux additional 2D SRT or 3D ASS subtitles...) or restart the encoding or muxing in case of problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
I once had a bad 3D disc with empty planes that I didn't want to recode. Fortunately, this video had a large enough black bar at the bottom. So I created a SUP stream that was positioned in this bar. It wasn't ideal, but better than subtitles interfering with video objects.
It's also why there is an option to "move Cinemascope image up in 16:9 frame" in the last tab. That way, you can freely enlarge the bottom black bar to place the flat subtitles in that location, far enough from the image to avoid too unpleasant 3D conflicts. I agree that it's not the best solution, but I also prefer that than having to decipher the subtitles far inside the popping out objects. A real torture for the brain !

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd October 2022 at 13:45.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote