View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 11:00   #625  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
Hey r0lz. Thanks for your AMAZING work, it's a truly brilliant tool!

Now, let's say that I have a 3D bluray which have not been released in my country, but I have the _regular_ bluray and want to hardsub this using the plane-information... Is there any possibility I could make this work at all, and what would it require?

I noticed a Tool named "Clone Subtitles positions from another file" - Are they needed for exact this purpose? Only I'm a little confused that it needs the XML/PNG.
Thanks to you too for your kind words.

If I understand correctly, you would like to copy the subtitles from the 2D BD and use them with BD3D2MK3D to hardcode them on the SBS or T&B video. Right?

It's possible, but that requires some manual work. I wanted to write a short guide to explain how to do it, but I have never found the time to do it. So, finally, here it is.

BTW, Clone Subtitle Positions requires XML as input because I can't write myself a tool that can edit the subtitle positions within a BD SUP or DVD SUB just to ease that step. In the other hand, it is easy to read and modify the positions of the subtitles in an XML file. Anyway you can easily convert from SUP (or IDX/SUB) to XML/PNG, and vice-versa, with BDSup2Sub. Just be sure to verify that BDSup2Sub doesn't change the timings when it converts a subtitle stream, because its handling of the frame rates is very confusing. IMO, the best way to avoid any problem is to tick the option "Change Frame Rate" in the initial window when you load a subtitle stream in BDSup2Sub, and select 23.976 for both the input and output FPS.

The guide follows in the next post...