View Single Post
Old 10th November 2012, 17:48   #2734  |  Link
msp1518

Greetings, all. Gents, it's been a while since I did this so clearly I have screwed something up. I had a number of sporting events in HD as mkv's and used mkv2vob to convert them to a file structure I could use to burn to DVD-R or duel layer DVD+r's with ImgBurn. In this case, I have a wedding video I was given as an mkv and want to make a playable disk for my wife.

Well, I have now created two duel layer coasters, as they have sound, but just a black screen for the picture. Whoops. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I am following these instructions, which are for Blu-Ray, but I had thought were interchangeable...
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

Maybe not? It's been so long since I did this I lost the instructions and used the above because they did seem right.

The actual mkv2vob conversion on the attempted video was made long ago. Back when I knew what I was doing. I just never got around to making the disk.

Also, I just tried something new (an mkv I had on the drive, it's less than 4 gig in size) and had the same result. Black video. But audio is fine.

I pop the disk into my PS3, it plays, but with a black screen.

Any ideas?

Here is the look of the file structure after mkv2vob does its thing (I blanked out the actual file name since it's the name of the bride).
msp1518 is offline   Reply With Quote