View Single Post
Old 21st August 2016, 11:12   #17  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Well, the same sharpening "number" in different algos doesn't necessarily produce the same subjective sharpening strength. I'd like the images to produce the same *perceived* sharpness level, and then compare which I like best. This is how I usually compare sharpening algos, anyway. Usually when I do that, any USM like algo looks terribly bloated/artificial, while algos like FineSharp look much more natural.

I understand I could easily do this comparison myself, but I'm always having a hard time getting AviSynth/VapourSynth scripts with lots of dependencies to work...

Maybe you could just sharpen my preferred 1080p image with all dials turned up to "overload" with Plum, then I can compare your final result with the best I can achieve with my own preferred algos? That would be awesome!
Plum shares the exact same non-linear amplifying expression with finesharp... so same number gives the mathematically same amount of sharpening, anyways, I reduced the strength to 0.86 for finesharp to show the difference
Plum

Code:
clp = finesharp.sharpen(clp,sstr=0.86)
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote