View Single Post
Old 4th May 2021, 02:33   #19088  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempodragon View Post
Two reasons I can't use Ripbot directly:
1: Ripbot can't decode MVC streams that are in 3d Blu-rays. Rolz created BD3D2MK3D to convert 3d Blurays, but he uses the MeGui encoder.

2: Ripbot's gui doesn't go up level 5.0 which is what I need for full SBS encodes.

Importing the scripts that BD3D2MK3D creates was my first choice, but I don't know how to force the encoder to use level 5.0. I prefer full SBS because a VR headset is essentially a full SBS viewer.
Hi kempo,

Well, it just so happens I have played around a fair bit with MVC 3D's, and yes, RipBot does not recognise them.

But why are you wanting to run them thru RipBot anyway ??

Also, you might be able to answer a question I have had about MVC tracks, are they a "proper" video track, or are they just the 3D component of the AVC track, to produce the 3D affect ??

Also, if you had a "grainy" MVC 3D movie, and ran it thru RipBot to clean it up, then remuxed the MVC track back in, would that cause problems ???

So here's what I know, you CAN demux the MVC track with tsmuxer (the newer nightly builds), I think you can also "up" the level's...then you could run it thru RipBot do what you want to the AVC track & maybe audio track, them mux them back together with tsmuxer, and IF you still needed to, use BD3D2MK3D to achieve your FULL SBS, there's the process.

Of course tsmuxer only output's .ts, .m2ts & .iso files !!

MKVToolnix, MKVmerge, (whatever you want to call it), also doesn't like MVC tracks, if I remember correctly.

And you can also increase the level's in RipBot, it's the x264 or x265 command line.

This is what I use in RipBot :-

for x264:- --level 5.2 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 300000 --vbv-maxrate 300000

for x265:- --level 5.2 --profile main10 --output-depth 10

All you have to do is go to the Profiles folder in the main RipBot264 folder, and edit the .txt files found under avc & hevc, then they will become available in the drop down within RipBot

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 4th May 2021 at 03:53.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote