View Single Post
Old 29th August 2017, 21:17   #45241  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
can someone else test smoothmotion at 144 hz with a 23p source?

i see some really big issues on that screen right now and i don't know why.
FSE mode? 144hz is difficult for windowed mode. Another possible issue could be that the display accepts 144hz but might internally render at a slower speed. I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80 View Post
According to the log D3D11 DXVA decoding is active the whole time. Are you sure that LAV showed "D3D11cb" while creating this log?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
In case of HDR10 sources what are the data madVR would need as HDR metadata to passthrough to the HDR10 compatible display?

Color primaries, transfer characteristics, color matrix, range of black level and range of luma and chroma signals would be enough? Or such data as well like:

- maximum content light level (MaxCLL) and maximum frame average light level (MaxFALL);

- SMPTE ST 2086 mastering display color volume SEI info;

- HDR parameters in SEI packets;
SMPTE 2086 mastering display information (gamut, min + max luminance), MaxCLL and MaxFALL. Stuff like the video's color primaries, matrix, transfer etc are usually "assumed" and not transported, AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matching_Mole View Post
Single display correctly recognized in Madvr. When I play a video in 1080/23p, Madvr indicate correctly the resolution as active in the custom rez screen.
Ok. Did you create the custom modes with madVR? Or manually by using an external tool or the GPU custom res control panel? The measurements currently only work for custom modes you created by using madVR, sadly. And you need to run the measurements for more than 10 minutes.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote