Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 27th March 2007, 03:13   #200  |  Link

Just a little progress update in case you're wondering what is going on.

Recall that I am in the process of moving to the ffdshow-tryouts based code that will allow me to build the DLLs using Visual Studio and later integrate the code directly, eliminating the DLLs. That will greatly simplify further development and debugging, especially adding PAFF support.

Converting DGAVCIndex and DGAVCDecode for building under Visual Studio 2005 Express was straightforward. (I also did it for DGMPGDec.)

The first problem I ran into was that the ffdshow-tryouts build of ffmpeg's DLLs includes only a stub for libavformat, whereas I was heavily relying on it. So I had to find a way to use libavcodec for H264 decoding without libavformat. I have now accomplished that successfully.

The next step is to convert from the DLLs built in the pseudo-linux (MSYS) environment to the DLLs built in the ffdshow-tryouts environment. At that point everything will be buildable and debuggable using Visual Studio. After that I will integrate the decoder directly and eliminate the DLLS. Then proper development of needed functionality will resume.