View Single Post
Old 21st December 2016, 11:44   #215  |  Link
odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Use Distributor() only when a specific tool requires it. The x264 encoder does usually not. Using it unnecessarily may multiply threads!
Didn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
odyssey, try this:

DGDecode_mpeg2source(...)
AssumeTFF()
ColorMatrix(hints=true, threads=0)
QTGMC(Preset="Slow", EdiThreads=1)
Trim(0,4999) #or whatever frame range encodes half the video

Then create another script to encode the second half and run them simultaneously. Even if they both only run at 15fps, it's be 2x15fps and should be far more stable.

Add --stitchable to the x264 command line and append the encoded video with MKVToolnix (assume an MKV output is fine).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
Code:
Parts=2
Part=1

Trim(floor(framecount/Parts)*(Part-1), (floor(framecount/Parts)*Part)-1)
You could set part number by either creating the avs file via batch, adding the number to the avs file name and reading the file name from the script or checking to see if an output file for a previous part exists and if it is start the next part.

Multithreading is working fine for me though.

Not a bad idea, and may even give better fps. One major drawback is however that it complicates scripting this

I'm encoding shows, so I could probably make it easier by just encoding multiple episodes at the same time.

Also I would probably join them using ffmpeg afterwards. Gotta play a bit with this Thanks for the suggestions so far!
odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote