Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 26th October 2009, 00:16   #1885  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
But I'm thinking now that I may have problems keeping the NV stuff closed if my non-NV code on which it is based goes GPL. I'm not sure of the details of the licensing in such a case. I could just make it fully open.
Since you can currently keep your application closed, you might as well put your application under ISC, BSD or a similar license, which wouldn't make you open up the parts you don't want to open to the public yet.

Of course such licenses bring up other things, such as code becoming usable in such a way not only for yourself, but for others as well -- although, unfortunately, there are plenty of cases when certain figures use more heavily-limited-by-license code, not caring about the license itself (albeit such behavior indeed isn't acceptable, nor should it be).

Of course, this all depends on how you wish to go further. Opening more apps certainly isn't a bad thing for the community, but there might be other factors in the way that only you know of currently. And then, of course, there's your opinion on things.