View Single Post
Old 20th October 2022, 13:30   #112  |  Link
Moonbase

@r0lZ: Just to check the limits, I decided to do a "crash test" yesterday. Took out my "Ready Player One" (2018) Blu-Ray, ripped the main title to MKV, and used that file to push BD3D2MK3D v1.28 (and the Win11 VM on my poor little Linux laptop) to the limits. (Yes, I do like to keep all audio and subtitle tracks…)

Here are the results:
Code:
Blu-Ray: Ready Player One (2018)

MKV input file size: 48.2 GB
Playing time: 2h 19 min 58s
14 Audio tracks (DTS-HD MA and DTS 5.1 separated)
32 subtitle tracks (22 full + 10 forced)
32 MVC planes used
Intermediate data: nearly 66 GB

Encoding as HTAB, CRF 18, Preset slow, tuning none, BD compatible.
Only 3D subtitles.

Start: 2022-10-19T12:44:14
Subtitles done: 2022-10-19T21:21:11
Encoding & muxing done: 2022-10-20T11:12:45

Result size: 22.2 GB
Kudos on a work well done—this monster went through without a glitch and produced a perfect result!

Some remarks and maybe suggestions:
  • I tend to add a little more data to the MKV before I put it through BD3D2MK3D, like more descriptive track names ("English for the visual impaired, DD 5.1", "English for the hearing impaired") and do set the appropriate "Forced", "Visual impaired" and "Hearing impaired" track flags in the MKV.
  • BD3D2MK3D doesn't take over the track names into the resulting MKV, but provides its own names. Would be nice to have a setting that allowed taking over already existent tracks names (thus avoiding extra header editing afterwards).
  • BD3D2MK3D seems to read the "Forced" flags (shows them in the first tab) but I still had to mark "All tracks are forced" in the track selection tab. These are then put into the resulting MKV.
  • BD3D2MK3D does not seem to take over the "Visual Impaired" and "Hearing Impaired" track flags into the result. Would be nice if it did. Thinking of it, maybe "Text description", "Original language" and "Commentary" too. Please.
  • I usually set a video track's language to the language the movie’s title, signs, newspapers, etc. have (Disney is most notable for having parts in different languages in the BD playlists). BD3D2MK3D resets these to "und" (undetermined) in the result. Would be nice if it kept the video track(s) language(s), like it does for audio and subtitles.

Anyway, thanks for making a toolset that really works very well!

Last edited by Moonbase; 20th October 2022 at 13:34.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote