View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:29   #1400  |  Link
whatever-ever

Ok here goes...

I've tried for 5 days to compile mkvtoolnix (or any part thereof) for windows. I compiled it with no hassle on my ubuntu pc, but for some reason i'm having a lot of trouble compiling with either mingw or cygwin.

All libraries have been compiled under mingw (./configure --prefix=/mingw), except boost, which i'm not sure i've "installed" properly. took a bit of copying and pasting files from here and there to /lib before i could finally get mingw to recognize that i have boost. but it get erros like this (currently only this one):
Quote:
checking for boostlib >= 1.29.0... yes
checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against the Boost regex library !
First off, yes that is not the configure file for 3.10, i pasted the above from when i tried to compile 2.5.3 instead. The error is similar for 3.10 (although it's Boost::Filesystem it checks for first, and gives same output as above).

So it's probably my boost library that is foobar-- however, it always reports that the boost libraries exist, so maybe it's something about setting variables that my mingw has trouble with?

Quote:
if test "x$as_val" = x""yes; then :
BOOST_FILESYSTEM_LIB="-l$ax_lib"; link_filesystem="yes"; break
else
link_filesystem="no"
fi

done

fi
if test "x$link_filesystem" != "xyes"; then
as_fn_error "Could not link against $ax_lib !" "$LINENO" 5
I've checked that this is where it reports the "could not link", and as you can see, ax_lib is not set for some reason, but link_filesystem both is and isn't set to yes?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to fix this.

PS: "have you tried building boost?", yes, however not with any luck. i tried so by running bootstrap.sh etc., but it doesn't go so well, http://pastebin.com/f761baf28 (forever paste).

Currently using gcc 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3) and boost 1.41.0. Have also tried with 4.4.1 (which is the same as my ubuntu pc uses). iconv (GNU libiconv 1.13) here, but iconv (EGLIBC) 2.10.1 on the ubuntu pc.

Any hint that can help even the tiniest bit is greatly appreciated!