View Single Post
Old 25th July 2019, 09:40   #1597  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
Hi r0lZ,
Yes I confirm X placement in SRT 2 ASS conversion with the guide using {\pos(x,y)} works as expected! Thanks for this hint.
I am perfectly OK to wait for the SRT 2 ASS bug fix (X guide with margin method) and enhancements whatever time it takes to accomplish. Please take care and time to sort out all your private matters.
I have a beta to test. I think I've fixed the X placement bug and I have implemented the option to ignore the Y placement from the guide, and use the bottom margin instead. There is also the possibility to still use the guide for the vertical positions of the subtitles appearing in the upper half of the screen. I have not implemented the idea to add a certain amount of pixels to the Y position of the guide, as IMO, it doesn't make much sense. Either you want all subtitles properly aligned near the bottom of the screen, or you use the position from the guide because it is supposed to be the best placement according to the foreground objects in the scene. OK ?

You can download the SRTtoASS3D.tcl file here. Just replace the original file in the toolset folder with the file from the archive, and restart BD3D2MK3D. Please test it carefully, and let me know if it works correctly. If it's the case, it will be integrated in the next official version...