View Single Post
Old 30th August 2021, 16:44   #1493  |  Link
Statick

having an issue with TFM micmatching not apparently doing anything at all

I'm trying to process a DVD animation, and I keep getting bad matches which I can correct with overrides, but this is a very long and tedious process. I would rather find a way to get better matches automatically

with debug=true I can see the mics for each frame, and various other info, in a debug console, and no matter what mode I set micmatching to, it makes no difference at all to the final match. if I disable it entirely, I get the exact same results as if I choose any of the micmatching settings. it apparently does nothing except slow the process down to calculate mics that arent used.

also, the final match chosen invariably has a high mic value compared to other frames. the readme for TFM says for micmatching mode 1 "mics are only used to determine if of the 5 possible matches there is one match that has a significantly lower mic value than all of the other four matches" which suggests to me that lower mics are preferred for better matches. yet invariably when TFM chooses a bad match, the mic of the chosen bad match will be something like 58 and the mic of the good match that I override with will be about 11. I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work but as changing the micmatching setting doesn't even change anything in the output, I'm at a bit of a loss. any help understanding this would be appreciated! cheers

using TFM 1.0.7
Statick is offline   Reply With Quote