View Single Post
Old 31st January 2017, 05:16   #280  |  Link
mboxer511

Great post. This was really helpful as was your guide you posted on wiki.jriver.com which led me to this forum. There were a couple questions/corrections/guide mistakes I wanted to communicate with you:

Smooth Motion -

I believe you might have made a mistake/typo in your description about smooth motion in this line:

Quote:
"Note that smooth motion has less blurring when displaying 23.976 fps at 60 Hz than 23.976 fps at 23.970 Hz so this option..."
I think you meant 29 fps at 60 Hz (or something to that effect).

A suggestion I had (because this really helped me when I read this in you guide) is related to:

enable automatic full screen exclusive mode -

In your guide you suggest turning this off which is actually very helpful as it allowed me to use the full media bar in full screen when hover over it with a mouse. It also removes any delay between switching between full and windowed. Perhaps you might want to mention that to some effect in your guide under the description of that mode.

Finally I had a question and was hoping you could explain what exactly "activate 200% super sampling" in image upscaling does? I have a decent rig (Nvidea GTX 960 GPU, i5 6600k OC @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB of RAM OC @ 3000MHz on a MSI Z170 M5 Motherboard) and yet saw a severe drop in performance when enabling that feature with no quality improvement. It was actually one of the rare times any setting change effected my video playback performance.
mboxer511 is offline   Reply With Quote