View Single Post
Old 28th November 2016, 03:14   #40829  |  Link
x7007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
image downscaling is for actually downscaling, like 2160p video on a 1080p display, or 1080p video in a 720p window.
downscale quality is for what downscaling algorithm is used after doubling, so for e.g. 720p on a 1080p display, it doubles to 1440p and then downscales to 1080p using what is set in downscale quality...
as for reverting to high, you can only use veryhigh if you use veryhigh for luma as well, you can't use high on luma and veryhigh on chroma... see 4. in my post...

Don't use Superres with NGU...

New settings look good, takes a bit to figure it out if you come from the old settings page, but it will definitely be a lot easier to get into it if you're a newbie....

1. Would be nice to still get a way to set low/med/high/veryhigh for the quadrupling step, for people that want stuff like high-high, though I do realize that would pretty much only be useful for GPUs that can't do veryhigh-med but can do high-high, so this might be a niche, which would complicate things again for normal users... maybe it's better the way it is now...
2. In image upscaling, it would be great if "chroma quality" and "downscale quality" would actually state what alogrithms are being used... sure you can enable it and check OSD, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue to have it say "chroma quality: high (NGU low + bicubic60 AR)"
3. What is "automatic" in qulaity settings? Dynamic depending on what other settings you use? if 2. is implemented, that would obviously answer this question, since you'd see which alogrithm is used every time, or does automatic not only change with
4. When luma high is selected, chorma veryhigh automatically reverts to high. Instead of automatically reverting, maybe display a message that it would be better to select higher luma quality than chroma. The way it is now feels like a bug.

Bug:
- with 720p -> 2160p on chroma quality normal OSD shows bicubic60 AR twice "chroma > bicubic60 AR > bicubic60 AR" shouldn't bicubic60 AR do this in one step? maybe just an OSD bug
this only happens with full 2160p, when I have a window resized to slightly smaller than 2160p, it only shows it once..
- not really a bug but maybe display the same message about superres and NGU when using NGU and superres in chroma upscaling

i'm using all Very High and still can't select the Very High on Chroma Upscaling
x7007 is offline   Reply With Quote