View Single Post
Old 29th October 2014, 22:37   #8  |  Link
johnmeyer

I do most of my film restoration work using VirtualDub to read the output of the AVISynth scripts, and I then encode from there. I do use MeGUI, but have never used it with any of these particular scripts. I am not familiar with the particular error message you posted.

A few things you can try.

1. Open the script in VirtualDub and see if you can get it to play without any errors. This is intended as a troubleshooting step to determine whether the problem is mostly in the script or mostly in MeGUI.

2. I used MS Word to compare your script to my original. Your changes all look OK, but one thing that might cause problems is using higher resolution. Just for grins, try changing the:

W=1392 H=1048

variables back to either NTSC or PAL SD resolution (e.g., W=720 H=480 for NTSC). This isn't meant as a solution, but as another troubleshooting step. I did a quick Google search on your MeGUI error message, and some posts indicate MeGUI issues when fed "odd" resolutions.

3. Try changing the SetMemoryMax(1000) statement to use less memory, perhaps something like SetMemoryMax(768).

Finally, while I am not a MeGUI expert, within MeGUI you can change the number of "workers" so that it doesn't consume all your cores.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote