View Single Post
Old 15th October 2009, 23:39   #10132  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
I only have 5.1 speakers but obv a 7.1 soundcard. When mpc incorrectly and visually sends output to back channels my soundcard does some fancy upmixing to my side channels giving negative effects.

So my proposal is to ask mpc developer why mpc mixer doesn't visually indicate that it detects the correct surround outputs for our config from the structure you linked to. because I believe this is the reason for my problem and I knOw it will effect others that don't have a card that directly maps back to side like in your case when you set your card to 5.1 where the problem is not noticible. Lucky you lol

Manually setting mpc or ffdshow, to output to sides rather than their default (or misread soundcard channel data if thats the case) fixes the problem immediately. Anyone know who would be responsible for this piece of mpc-hc's development, ie the mixer, or the detection of soundcard channel data.
Yes but how did you set the speaker config in Control panel -> Sound -> Configure 5.1 Surround or 7.1 Surround ?