View Single Post
Old 8th October 2008, 00:11   #1  |  Link
aggiemarine07

Problems with mplayer and playing m2ts files

not quite sure if this belongs in this section of the website or not but I will post it here and move it to where ever it needs to go if that is the case; by anyhow here is my story:

My system specs are: ubuntu 8.04 with a 3.1ghz intel, 512mb nvidia 7900 bfg, 4gb of pc5400 RAM, 750gb seagate-100gb Maxtor-36gb WD 10000rpm, Pioneer Bluray drive

I have been able to successfully dump Spiderman3 from my bluray drive to the HD using dumphd (took an hour or two and 50gbs but hey it did it successfully) but when I try to play them in mplayer the video is great (really smooth) but the sound is choppy. I built the latest SVN mplayer from source and used the command "mplayer -vc ffvc1 bluraymovie.m2ts"

I then noticed in the terminal that it would give back this output for the ffvc1 codec:

Forced video codec: ffvc1
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000005.

When I go back to the terminal and do a mplayer -vc help it spits back this after the command:

ffvc1 ffmpeg problems FFmpeg M$ WVC1 [vc1]

I then also tried to play with just "mplayer 00011.m2ts" it had still had the choppy sound (and oddly enough was in japanese Dont know how that happened.

Any thoughts or outputs needed I will happily provide, I know I am very close to playing bluray on my linux system and would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

gw

Last edited by aggiemarine07; 22nd October 2008 at 00:04.
aggiemarine07 is offline   Reply With Quote