View Single Post
Old 11th August 2009, 23:21   #1272  |  Link
JeffBDVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I opened your sample in beta 7. I set Video/Display HD Full-Sized. I hit F5. The video clearly shows the combing.

I serve the video with my script into VirtualDub and play. The video clearly shows the combing.

I add SeparateFields() to my script and open it in VirtualDub. I step through and can see field rate motion.

Do you have all your windows set to half size? That simulates a deinterlacer.
Nope. I configured Beta 7 exactly as you described in the quote above. Two new weird observations:
  1. If I load the clip and then select Display HD full size, the very first frame shows the combing. But if I step or seek through the clip, all subsequent frames appear deinterlaced.
  2. If I select Display HD Full Sized and *then* load the clip, not even the first frame shows the combing.
Based on those 2 observations, I suspect a display driver problem here on my end. I do have the 190.38 drivers.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. That you cannot reproduce the issue means I've got some serious troubleshooting in my future.

-Jeff

EDIT: In item #1, not *all* of the subsequent frames appeared deinterlaced. I found that the very last 2 frames of the clip also showed combing.

Last edited by JeffBDVS; 12th August 2009 at 00:22. Reason: New Data Point