View Single Post
Old 21st January 2017, 10:42   #1152  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
So I think we could learn a bit from this.
I agree, and I did the test.

I've just replaced all depth values in a short clip with constant values. The original BD has 32-planes, all of them being undefined (containing the value 0x80, meaning "not defined" for all frames of all 3D-Planes). I've replaced plane #0 with constant depth 1, plane #1 with depth 2, and so on up to depth 32. Then I've remuxed the BD with TsMuxeR and assigned planes #5 and #31 to the two subtitle streams. The final ISO can be read without problem with any software player, but that's not surprising, since they don't use the MVC stream. So, I burned the ISO, and my Samsung 3D BD player has played the movie in 3D without problem, and the two subtitle streams are at the right depth. :-)

So, it seems that it is at least possible to replace the existing depth values with other ones without problem. Adding new 3D-Planes to a remuxed MVC is another problem, and I can't and don't want to do that. Perhaps Videofan3D for FRIM? Or Roman if he decides to continue to develop TsMuxeR? Anyway, it's not something to integrate in BD3D2MK3D, that does just the opposite.