View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 21:42   #1381  |  Link
von Suppé

As it happens I too have been struggling with the Avatar subtitles. It's one of the 3D movies why I asked r0lZ in my earlier post for a feature in the XY coordinates-processing in one of his tools.
The standard SUPs are displayed way to high, IMO.
Man, have I been busy. OCR-ing the SUPstreams, edit/correcting text, timings, exporting to ASS, adding fonts, creating ASS styles, exporting to SUP. From SUP to XML/PNG. Then cloning positions, remuxing again... pfffff. Lot of work!! And for two languages, that is. I can almost word-for-word say each line perfectly

hubblec4 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
So many issues with all the BDSup2Sub editions, nobody there who will write a better SUP-Tool?
I agree fully, I'd also welcome a handy knife that will let you do whatever you want with SUP or XML/PNG files, for that matter. A real-time preview screen during editing/creating is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
But note that if you restrict the tool to work only for the X coordinates, the (rare) subtitles that are on the top of the screen in the guide will not be moved. That may and probably will be a problem.
Well, I always keep an eye out for subtitles that are placed on top of the screen. Then, ASS comes in handy as you can use a style to these specific lines. Vertical alignment is specified by your wishes and only applied to the lines with that style.

On the other hand, it is possible to output & OCR SUP lines that only are in the lower half of the picture. So I can imagine SUP lines that are only in the upper half can be output also. If one wants, those 2 SUP files can be processed separately. After you have your separate, wanted SUP- or XML/PNG files (one for the lower and one for the upper half) you would have to merge them, of course. I don't know if that is possible, but I would be very happy if merging SUP- and/or XML/PNG files would be possible.
As you have maybe read my Avatar subtitle experience, you can imagine that such a tool would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by von Suppé; 18th January 2018 at 12:14. Reason: addendum