View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 09:34   #991  |  Link
mindsong

I don't think this is necro-ing a thread - I hope not, as it seems like the right place to ask/archive this info.

I'm struggling with a latest-version-based FRIMEncode<-AVISynth script effort that could be caused by any number of setup errors on my side, so perhaps it would be best to post my simplest example and see if the problem is more widespread, or just my environment, before I pursue it with the gory details.

Could someone with a stable/working FRIMEncode/AVISynth environment try this simple AVIsynth script that generates a basic/short test 3840x1080 SBS stream for encoding into a base.avc+dep.mvc file pair?

AVISynth Script (MyScript.AVS) - creates a simple 100 frame SBS stream:

L = ColorBars(1920,1080,"YV12")
L = KillAudio(L)
L = Info(L)

R = ColorBars(1920,1080,"YV12")
R = KillAudio(R)
R = Info(R)

V = StackHorizontal(L,R)
V = Trim(V,0,-100)
# redundant, but...
V = ConvertToYV12(V)
return(V)

FRIMEncode command:

FRIMencode32 ^
-avi ^
-i MyScript.avs ^
-sbs 2 ^
-viewoutput ^
-o:mvc 01_base.avc 01_dependent.mvc ^
-u 1

It's intended to be as *minimal* as possible, with the real script/workflow doing something that's actually meaningful... (real mpeg2 interlaced 3D -> MVC-3D)

Does this basic sequence work for anyone else, w any specific FRIM and toolset versions? Should it be able to, or have I missed something simple (some import or ...?) ?

I'm using an up-to-date W10 x64 system with a current x86 FRIM/AVISynth/Intel/codec toolchain and I'm seeing a colorspace mismatch. I've tried with a current x64 workflow to the same effect, so any test that works is welcomed, if it's possible. It seems like something FRIMencode is trivially able to do, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.

I'm fairly competent with these tools and environment, so I've got variations, various tool versions, specs, samples, variations, that I can share to ID my specifics, and maybe we can then pursue the fix to my puzzle, but fixing *my* workflow only makes sense if we know that this *can* work at all in anyone's stable environment - so this seems like a safe/easy place to start.

I'd appreciate if anyone could take this quick test for a spin and share their results - or perhaps correct some basic assumptions I'm making as I go down this path.

I've really done a bunch of research and experiments on getting this to work, so any help is truly appreciated at this point.

Cheers, and thanks in advance,

--ms

Last edited by mindsong; 17th February 2020 at 10:21. Reason: clearer wording, change upper-case -I to lower -i in cmd
mindsong is offline   Reply With Quote