View Single Post
Old 27th December 2015, 16:34   #188  |  Link
SpoCk0nd0pe

Thank you for your quick response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
SuperRes has diminishing returns with more passes, less benefit for the extra performance hit. As I understand linear light for SuperRes emphasizes erorr in small light details while gamma light emphasizes small dark details. There difference is fairly subtle in my experience.
Just to make sure I got you right: You are saying that LL on is better for darker scenes while LL off is better for brighter ones? Which one do you prefer?
An SuperRes is mostly a case of more helps more? SuperRes seems to hide some SVP artifacts btw. Especially the halos on panning camera movements and bright background seem less agressive with SuperRes.
In what cases is SuperRes harming the image? Are those cases negligible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
For Chroma: I agree, madshi added SoftCubic for chroma and it was the default at first. A very reasonable choice for filmed content. I also agree that anime is different and sharper chroma scaling is more beneficial. People do like sharp though.
I do think that NNEDI64 chroma doubling helps image quality if you also do luma doubling. Before doing SoftCubic upscaling that is.

What do you think about SuperRes for chroma upscaling refinement (for film content)? Does it improve the picture without the overly sharp look of Jinc? Do you use it and if yes, what settings do you use?
I would bet it is desirable for anime.
SpoCk0nd0pe is offline   Reply With Quote