View Single Post
Old 4th October 2020, 00:53   #15  |  Link
H2sixty
Not a Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaggoner View Post
That block shows specifying EVERYTHING, including default parameters. It's easier to parse if you can list or show the actual flags you set on top of the defaults.
here is shortened command list for preset veryslow...

handbrake (advanced settings box)--\/

::constrained-intra::psy-rd=0.35::psy-rdoq=14.65::rdoq-level=1::deblock=0,-3::no-sao::qcomp=0.54::scenecut-aware-qp::scenecut-window=1000::hist-scenecut::min-keyint=0::keyint=345::rc-lookahead=46::merange=58::tu-inter-depth=4::tu-intra-depth=4::limit-tu=3::temporal-layers::no-temporal-mvp::no-cutree::analyze-src-pics::rskip=2::rd-refine::opt-qp-pps::opt-cu-delta-qp::opt-ref-list-length-pps::no-wpp::pmode::frame-threads=1::hevc-aq::aq-mode=3::no-tskip::log-level=3::

x265 commands--\/

--constrained-intra --psy-rd 0.35 --psy-rdoq 14.65 --rdoq-level 1 --deblock 0:-3 --no-sao --qcomp 0.54 --scenecut-aware-qp --scenecut-window=1000 --hist-scenecut --min-keyint 0 --keyint 345 --rc-lookahead 46 --merange 58 --tu-inter-depth 4 --tu-intra-depth 4 --limit-tu 3 --temporal-layers --no-temporal-mvp --no-cutree --analyze-src-pics --rskip 2 --rd-refine --opt-qp-pps --opt-cu-delta-qp --opt-ref-list-length-pps --no-wpp --pmode --frame-threads 1 --hevc-aq --aq-mode 3 --no-tskip --log-level 3 --preset veryslow --output-depth 12

with my custom settings, switching to placebo only changes subme=4 to subme=7, & tskip is enabled, (i only like tskip for cel animation)... i went with subme=4 over 5 or 7 because it tends to look better more often then subme=7, especially in flatter areas like the lady's face in the video... however the subme=7 encode is smaller in file size, slightly, from 18002 KB to 17933 KB for the sintel clips below (52 seconds at crf 18.4)...

below is an encode with my custom settings & another encode with with my custom settings + subme=7

sintel_trailer_2k_1080p24____crf=18.4____custom__(subme=4).mkv (preset=veryslow)

sintel_trailer_2k_1080p24____crf=18.4____custom_+_subme=7.mkv (preset=placebo)

i added aq-mode=3 because aq-mode keeps coming out to a 2 in mediainfo :/ shouldn't it be 0 since hevc-aq takes place of aq-mode=x? is this a handbrake only bug?
---
does rd-refine not work with hevc-aq?
if i specify aq-mode=0 (with hevc-aq) i get an error saying rd-refine requires adaptive quant...
---
i listed tskip, but technically veryslow already has tskip disabled, and as you know ;) placebo has it enabled, i quote you below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaggoner View Post
For example, --tskip isn't used in placebo, because it has no impact on most content.
(he means veryslow...)

Last edited by H2sixty; 5th October 2020 at 07:57. Reason: edited x265 commands, ffmpeg is slightly different.
H2sixty is offline   Reply With Quote