View Single Post
Old 4th April 2016, 22:26   #938  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, so the problem is that your nVidia shield interprets the movie as 3D (as it should) and send probably 3D frames to kodi. You want it to ignore the 3D and send a 2D SBS picture, and let kodi switch to 3D. Unfortunately, what you want is very bizare. You have bought a 3D equipment (the nVidia) but you want it to ignore the 3D! It's not the ideal situation! It's why only the 3D movies badly encoded without the 3D flags work as you want.

You should first look in the settings of the nVidia. You will be lucky if there is an option to ignore the 3D and treat the movie as standard 2D. On most TV and hardware players, it is possible to turn the 3D off, but unfortunately, if the TV recognises the movie as 3D due to one of its extension or flags, it will probably switch to a pure 2D mode, and show you only a single view, not the double SBS image. It's what it does now, if I understand correctly. You should explain to the nVidia that it must ignore the 3D nature of the source. It's not the same thing that recognising the 3D but turning it off. If you cannot find a way to do it, you should try to remove the stereoscopy value from the MKV container, as I've explained above. Honestly, I don't think that will be sufficient, because usually the hardware players ignore that flag anyway, and obey only the frame-packing mode in the h264 stream. And that flag cannot be changed.

Perhaps you can also try to configure the nvidia to send frame sequential 3D, just like a 3D BD player does. If that's possible, the nVidia will convert the SBS to full frames, and send them at 47.952 fps to kodi, and you will have to configure kodi to interpret them as frame sequential 3D, like the output of a 3DBD player. I don't know if it's possible.

Unfortunately, I can't help much more, because I don't know your hardware. Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 4th April 2016 at 22:29.