View Single Post
Old 1st August 2004, 05:01   #1  |  Link
dragongodz

QuEnc 0.54 released

this is the official QuEnc 0.54 release.

its released under the GPL so if you dont like that... dont use it.

changes 0.52 -
.some more tweaking to settings.
.added pass text on main window.
.notch matrix completely replaced by QLB(Quenc Lower Bitrate) matrix.
.the kvcd cli commands replaced with QLB ones.

changes 0.53 -
.properly replace notch matrix.
.minor tweaks.

changes 0.54 -
.aspect ratio should be working properly now
.bad parameter window tells you what the bad one was now
.version of exe changed to 0,0,5,4 so jdobbs can pick it in DVD-RB
.dll version is cvs 12th july as reccomended over 0.49pre1, found on ffmpeg homepage

.QLB commands changed to cmatrix and nocmatrix (custom matrix) in the -? but not actual command line yet.

0.54 is compatible with DVD-RB 0.57.

i do ask that if you do any modified releases please identify them as such and not up QuEncs number. meaning please dont change a few things and release QuEnc 0.55 etc. i got permission from Nic to bump the version and it would save a lot of confusion if others didnt do so without asking him aswell first.
also if you change the matrix please say it in your release. one of the reasons notch matrix was removed was because it has big problems with trellis being used. i have no interest in answering questions about problems caused by other peoples changes.

i put a text in with the source giving a quick guide on how to compile it. Nic has already warned before that neither he nor i will have the time to go in to detail on compiling it but that should get you well started.

neither Nic or i will be working on this for awhile since avcodec really needs the rate control fixed for it to work 100% properly and we do have other things we want to do.

downloads found at
http://www.pcpages.com/dragongodz2/

mirrors are of course welcome.

Last edited by dragongodz; 31st August 2004 at 01:23.
dragongodz is offline   Reply With Quote