View Single Post
Old 8th December 2022, 23:11   #130  |  Link
candela

Thanks, still have no idea what DHA and SHA ids are supposed to be. But I decided to install this myself and tried it with the BD+ movie Rio and indeed, it fixed the menus...

I disabled all Blu-Ray settings in XReveal except "Remove BD+ protection" and checked what it was doing. It changed only 2 bytes in 1 file BDMV\BDJO\65535.bdjo. I converted this file to JSON using BDTools to make it readable

It seems to switch the value of "application_control_code" for 2 entries in "ApplicationManagementTable". Since one of them is labeled "initial_class_name": "com.macrovision.bdplus.Handshake" I'm assuming it's doing some kind of redirection, pointing a bad handshake from the BD+ VM in libbdplus to the correct menu screen (and vice versa). But I have no idea how all the java stuff works unfortunately.

It's probably not possible to implement something like this in libbdplus, since those BDJO menu files are going to be handled in libbluray

Update: after looking at bdjo_dump.c in libbluray source, Xreveal seems to be changing the control_code for the BD+ handshake from "autostart" to "present". And "present" to "autostart" for the other application. Not sure exactly what this means and how it knows what to change. Maybe it's just based on those class_names in the First Playback title (=65535.bdjo)

You can also look at these BDJO files using BDEdit

Last edited by candela; 9th December 2022 at 00:23.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote