View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2018, 00:08   #12  |  Link
johnmeyer

I'll be out for several days but would like to try this. I do a LOT of work that involves detecting and then doing something with duplicates.

However ...

The most typical scenario that I come across that creates duplicates is from either a capture card or streaming video drops a frame and then, to keep the audio in sync, adds a duplicate frame. In those scenarios, the duplicate is a true duplicate, and no fancy logic is needed to find it. The much, much bigger issue is find the place where the dropped frame happened because it is at THAT point you have to do something, typically synthesizing a new frame using motion estimation.

As for how to detect differences and thereby determine which frames are dups, I haven't used RTStats for a while so I don't remember all the functions, but when using native AVISynth functions, it is the YDifference functions that are the most useful because, if I remember correctly, they compute their metric by the absolute differences between each pixel position in one frame with the same pixel position in the adjacent frame and then summing all of those differences. It will be interesting to see how your new function compares with that.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote