Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2013, 07:41   #76  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
The cache idea was mostly thought up to avoid that scenario, since it would store the names and plugin locations of the functions and avoid having to perform those first two steps and any instability that could cause - instead, it'd read the cache, compare it to the script, and then load only the plugins used in the script.
Ah, now I understand. So you mean a separate cache instance per script. Yes, that should work, and makes sense as long as the cache format is chosen so that it is easily editable by the user. The problem I see though, is that the cache would need to be regenerated each time the contents of plugin folders are changed, including non-plugin files. Even if the script has not changed. This equals to rescanning all the plugins, we don't have to execute code from all of them though, only in new or changed files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Regarding FFMS2, I don't think the extra 2.6 stuff in its version of avisynth_c.h was preventing it from autoloading, since I experimented with it a little last night using Meld to merge the changes in locally, and it still didn't autoload. So it seems the problem lies elsewhere (although having avisynth_c.h get updated would be nice).
I didn't have time yesterday again, so all I could manage was to verify that the precompiled 2.17 Cplugin works (as a Cplugin, ofc). It works. Today I'm gonna recompile the cplugin from latest git and see what's the situation with that.