View Single Post
Old 20th December 2015, 01:19   #5  |  Link
shekh

Sure, I have GoPro Studio installed. This is how I have access to "free" codec, played with vfw interface and sdk interface. Btw, found from some of your older messages that it has directshow interface as well. Tried to investigate codecs with graphedit but it does not show format options.

Quote:
Other than this- Cineform is not free, so you can't "give it" for everyone for free. As far as I know Cineform checks for "global" license, so you can make some solution which supports it and than it's up to end user to add license.
I think licenses are gone since Cineform does not sell anything now on their website. Do you have "global cineform license"? Do you know how to get it? I suspect if Resolve has Cineform integration, that is result of some agreement with GoPro. And this provides no new opportunity for third party.

Meanwhile, checking GrassValley HQX codec. It is handy that ffmpeg can decode it (not as fast as native decoder, but anyway). Image has DCT artifacts. Decoding speed about 1/3 of Cineform. Will see what else it can do.
shekh is offline   Reply With Quote