View Single Post
Old 28th June 2014, 20:28   #123  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Sounds like a cool algorithm! Is there some scientific paper about the original algorithm available somewhere? Or where did you get the ideas from?
I though I had mentioned it in one of my previous posts but I got the main ideas from the publicly available paper Image interpolation by Super-Resolution by Alexey Lukin, Andrey S. Krylov, Andrey Nasonov. To devise the regularization force and refine the definition of faithfulness I took some ideas from an other paper (also cowritten by Alexey Lukin) on page two they list the result from using various different regularization methods and definitions of faithfulness. My method is somewhere in between their p=1,n=2,m=1 and p=1,n=2,m=2.

I also took some inspiration from a different paper Bilateral back projection for single image super-resolution, although what I ended up with is quite different from what they described, the main resemblance is the use of bilateral filtering (use interpolation weights depending on the difference in color space, not just in position), but I use it to define "regularity", they use it to define "faithfulness".

Last edited by Shiandow; 28th June 2014 at 20:33.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote