View Single Post
Old 14th April 2015, 17:55   #338  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, there are 10 subtitle streams (3D ONLY, in BD SUP and VobSub formats) in your MKV of 47 Ronins. You should be able to select them with any good player. The name of the first one is "English forced 3D (BD SUP)" and its language code is "eng". The other streams have similar names and language codes. Everything looks perfect.

However, all streams are marked as forced and that's not normal. I suppose you have blindly ticked all "forced" option in tab 2. You should do that ONLY if you know for sure that the stream contains ONLY forced subtitles. But it's another problem. The streams are there and are NOT named 00800.track_4608.Eng.3D.sup or similar. (That file name is present in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, because MkvMerge needs to know the file name to load the stream, but as soon as it is stored in the final file, the original file name is lost and CANNOT appear in the subtitle menu of your player.)

Everything is fine, the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file contains what it must contain (according to your selections in tab 2), and the subtitles are certainly present in the MKV.

I don't understand what you want to do. You have the subtitle streams in the MKV file, and there is no need to add them again. But if you have made a mistake by including the 3D subtitles only and you want to include the 2D files as well without starting the whole process over, I suggest to edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to add the 2D streams, and then again launch _MUX_3D.cmd. But you must know what you are doing.

Or you can use Tools -> MkvMerge GUI, open the existing MKV in MkvMerge, add the subtitle streams (you can drag and drop them), select the right language and type a suitable name for each stream, and finally click Start Muxing to generate a new MKV file with all streams. That's easy.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th April 2015 at 18:02.