View Single Post
Old 5th June 2020, 22:16   #18560  |  Link
slow4mula2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Yeah, sorry 'bout that, you DID mention UHD several times, I guess I generally refer to them as 4K disks.

I haven't got any equipment that can play TrueHD, so I rip out the THD track, and convert it to DTS-HD 7.1, then you can remux it back in with either RB, or tsmuxer (for m2ts), or MKVToolNix (for mkv). All with "free" tools. !!!

I think you'll find that some of the very latest tsmuxer builds (nightly) will support TrueHD under certain conditions.

I have done many "conversion's" like this, works very well, just a little time consuming.

Not too sure why you'd then want to "burn" back onto an optical disk.

Each to their own, I guess.
I don't want to convert the main HD audio track. I've tried every tsmuxer build I can find and none seem to recognize the dolby true hd/atmos audio tracks. It seems like it would possible to add this capability to this GUI but if there isn't a big enough audience then it is what it is. The capability to encode back to HEVC/retain original audio track and output m2ts in bluray structure.

Why burn back to optical disk..well like I said I usually just output to mkv but possibly higher quality on a single layer bd-r (22.5gb) for what I would typically create a mkv or retain intact hevc/audio with a dual layer bd-r (45gb). Why did people ever backup bluray to AVCHD? Same reason here. It's nice to be able to take a UHD bluray backup and play it at a friends house in their UHD player. No usb drives or hard drives hoping their device supports the mkv.
slow4mula2002 is offline   Reply With Quote