View Single Post
Old 12th June 2016, 16:59   #1007  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The virus detection is a false positive, as you can see with VirusTotal: Detection ratio: 0 / 56, and Joti: 1 / 20. It's almost perfect. Even M$ does not detect a virus. However, ClamAV detects shutdowngui.exe (in the toolset folder) as a PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application). It's probably because, as its name suggests, shutdowngui can shut the computer down. It is used to do just that, when the Shutdown option is enabled in the last tab. I have written myself that program, and it has not been modified since years. Anyway, a PUA is not a virus. It's just a program that can do potentially dangerous things. It is up to you to decide if you want to keep it or not. (You don't need it if you don't use the Shutdown option.)

I have no idea why "nothing happens" when you launch BD3D2MK3D, but it's probably because M$ blocks it due to the false positive virus detection. You should try to update your virus definitions or add the BD3D2MK3D folder to its ignore or false positive list. Or better, stop using the very bad M$ Security Essentials and install a good antivirus. Avast, Avira, AVG and Panda are free and already much better that the M$ SE. You may also want to scan BD3D2MK3D.exe and/or the other programs in the toolset folder with VirusTotal, just to be sure. But the scan I did was made with the version downloaded from my homepage, and it is virus free, so you should obtain the same result (unless the exe has been infected on YOUR computer).

Conclusion: Do not panic, and try to fix your antivirus problem. Anyway, the problem is not on my side.