View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:31   #93  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You can preview a MKV movie frame by frame with a simple avisynth script:
Code:
FFMpegSource2("movie.mkv")
Info()
The FFMpeg avisynth plugin must be properly installed, and the script takes ages to start the first time because ffmpeg has to scan the whole MKV file to generate its ffindex file. But when it has started, you can accurately play the movie frame by frame and see the frame number in the info. I use the AvsPmod GUI to play the script and I use exclusively the cursor keys, or I type timecodes or frame numbers for "big jumps". That works pretty well. (However, you cannot seek with the 3D scripts generated by BD3D2MK3D due to the lack of the seek support in the current MVC decoders, so you have to do your tests with the encoded MKV, or with the 2D M2TS.)

In my latest tests (after the fix explained above), I have never seen "cuts" inside the depth values corresponding to a particular subtitle. So, maybe your test is biased by the bug of the current version, or you have a movie with a larger shift than the 5 frames of the default "window". Anyway, I guess that problem will be solved with the new version...