View Single Post
Old 21st September 2012, 03:59   #6  |  Link
manolito

OK, this commandline has been provided by someone who wanted to get maximum quality out of ffmpeg. But this also makes for a slow encoding speed...

The first thing I would strip from this command line is the framerate parameter. If you do not specify this parameter, the resulting avi file will have the same framerate as the source.

And then you can strip all parameters which affect the encoding quality (ffmpeg defaults will be used instead. Doubles encoding speed on my machine).

Quote:
"ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "my input file" -f avi -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -vf scale=640:480 -aspect 4:3 -maxrate 1800k -b:v 1500k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -b:a 128k -ac 2 "my output file.avi"
And the fastest MPEG4 ASP encoding settings are the ones for "MS Compatible AVI" (=DivX). Looks like this:

Quote:
"ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "my input file" -acodec libmp3lame -vcodec msmpeg4 -b:a 128k -b:v 1000k -vf scale=640:480 "my output file.avi"
Quality is probably questionable, but you have to determine this for yourself...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote