Old 28th September 2009, 20:11   #1863  |  Link
Jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
You should upload the source file.
It's 1.3GB.

Quote:
Don't make a new MKV out of anything.
I originally made the MKV (from the .h264 extracted from the .flv) in order to extract 10+ seconds out of the source video. The artefacts are the same regardless of whether I muxed or not - and indeed the directshowsource version shows no artefacts, indicating that muxing is irrelevant.

Quote:
What did you download and do you have legitimate rights to have it?
The filename tells you and I already said it came from iPlayer, which provides a 30 days licence to people like me who are UK residents.

Quote:
See, how can I do that with your sample??? DGAVCIndex does not open MKV.
I was suggesting that I send you the .h264 that I extracted from the MKV. Or that you send me the .h264 you extracted. But I don't think that's going to lead to a solution anyway...

I made the MKV so that anyone else could compare directshowsource to avcsource with the minimum fuss as well as it being a convenient way to extract a few seconds showing the problem.

Quote:
Finally, post a screenshot showing the artifact.
See two images here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dimyjznn2y

frames 240 and 241.

This is the script used to create the pix:

Code:
a=avcsource("Dan_Cruickshanks_Adventures_in_Architecture_-_Pleasure_b00brpqp_default-002_Track1.dga")
b=directshowsource("Dan_Cruickshanks_Adventures_in_Architecture_-_Pleasure_b00brpqp_default-002.mkv")
a=a.crop(400,300,-400,-200,align=true).subtitle("dga")
b=b.crop(400,300,-400,-200,align=true).subtitle("mkv") 
stackvertical(a,b)
I'm wondering if this has something to do with the GOPs. I'm not sure if this is the correct interpretation, but in DGIndex when I press the ">" button in the bottom right corner the frame-slider moves in steps and the second step appears to be the start of GOP 3 in this clip. It looks like it might be frame 241, which is the first frame that's artefact-free.

Thanks,
Jawed