View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:52   #167  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.56

Quote:
# v0.56 (December 22, 2014)
# - Added tab 4: Cover Art to define the images to mux and use as cover art and thumbnails. (To view them under Windows, install Media Preview or Icaros.)
# - Added Tool -> Add Current Cover Art to MKV File to add the cover art currently defined in tab 4 to any existing MKV file.
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> Top & Bottom String to use TAB or TB instead of T&B in the file name.
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> 3D Format Extension to add automatically the -lrq, -abq, -lr or -ab extension to the filename so that Bino, PotPlayer, KMPlayer... can recognize the 3D format automatically.
# - Added Tools -> Remove subtitles present in another stream (to remove forced subs in a forced-only stream).
# - Added Settings -> 3D Subtitles Resize Filter -> For Method Using ImageMagick (With 3D-Planes) to define the filter to use during the main process. (Default: Mitchell)
# - Bug fix: Wrong .SUB instead of .SUP extension in _MUX_*D_OPTIONS.txt files when "both" (IDX/SUB and BD SUP) is selected in tab 2 (Thanks bottom!)
# - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.144.2525)
# - Updated MkvMerge to the latest version (v7.0.4 'Circles')
# - Added MkvPropEdit (v7.0.4 'Circles') in the Tools folder, necessary for the new Add Current Cover Art to MKV File tool.
As you can see, it's not only a bug fix release. I have also added a tab to define the cover art if you wish to include a preview image and/or thumbnail for your MKV file, as well as a tool to add a new cover art to any existing MKV/MK3D or MKA file. Note that the MKV/MKA formats are not recognised automatically by Windows, so if you want to see the cover art or thumbnails in the Windows Explorer, you have to install BabelSoft's Media Preview or Shark007's Icaros. Both are free. I prefer Media Preview, because Icaros requires some additional codecs to work with MKV files, but Icaros seems to be somewhat more powerful.

There is also a tool to remove all subtitles of a 2D or 3D XML/PNG subtitle stream that are present in another XML/PNG stream. That tool is similar to the existing "Extract unforced subtitles from XML/PNG" tool, but it works when the forced subtitles are authored in a specific stream. It is useful if you want to hardcode the 3D forced subtitles on the video AND you want to include the normal subtitles as a stream that can be turned on or off AND there are two subtitle streams in the original BD: one with all subtitles and another one with the forced subtitles only. With the new tool, you can remove the forced subtitles from the complete stream, and include the resulting subtitle stream in the final MKV instead of the original one. Without that tool, the forced subtitles were displayed twice: once because they are hardcoded on the video, and once because they are present in the subtitle stream.

Please note that the forced subtitles are NOT removed automatically during the main process when the forced subtitles are hardcoded on the video. If you want to remove them, you have to use the new tool and convert the resulting XML/PNG stream to 2D or 3D SUP or SUB, and either overwrite the original SUP or SUB file with the new one, or edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to change the file name of the subtitle stream.

Another useful change is the possibility to include a new extension to the file name, that is used by some 3D players to recognize automatically the 3D format of the file. For example, PotPlayer, Bino and KMPlayer are unable to recognise the 3D format with the existing MKV Stereoscopy tag or with the x264 frame-packing flag and they ignore completely the .MK3D extension, but they can enable the right 3D mode automatically if you add the special string "-lrq" (for Half-SBS) or "-abq" (for Half-T&B) or -lr and -ab (for Full-SBS or Full-T&B) just before the .mkv file extension, like in "Movie Title-lrq.mkv". The new BD3D2MK3D adds now that extension automatically, but you can remove it if you wish with the new "Settings -> Output Filename -> 3D Format Extension" option.

Currently, I have implemented that option for PotPlayer, KMPlayer and Bino only. If you know other extensions that work for other software or hardware players, please let me know. I'll add them too. For example, I have read that some models of Samsung 3D TVs can use similar extensions, but my TV can't, and I haven't found the doc about that possibility. So, if you have such a TV, please let me know what its doc says about the automatic recognition of the 3D formats. Thanks in advance!

Download latest version: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Enjoy!

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd December 2014 at 16:15.